Ethos and Values
Stowupland is an inclusive community school where all students can make outstanding progress.
We aim to provide high quality education and experiences by:
- Creating an innovative and personalised curriculum so that all can secure high standards of achievement and progress;
- Offering a range of activities – curricular and extra-curricular – in order to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes essential for life in the 21st century;
- Providing a caring, happy and safe environment where expectations and responsibilities are clearly understood and readily accepted;
- Broadening our students’ horizons and nurturing an understanding and appreciation of the interdependence of individuals, groups, communities and nations;
- Fostering a professional learning community where research, reflection and training ensure high quality practice;
- Communicating and collaborating to enhance the partnership between school, home and the wider community – local and global
In putting our vision and aims into practice, we emphasize and value the importance of:
Rights – everyone in our learning community has rights
Responsibilities – everyone in our learning community has responsibilities
Respect – everyone and everything in our learning community deserves to be treated with respect
Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct can be found here: Code of Conduct
You will find how British Values are embedded into our curriculum under the ‘Mini-School’ tab.